Places of Interest in Corofin Village
- Clare Heritage & Genealogical Centre
The Clare Heritage and Genealogical Research Centre was founded in 1982 by the late Dr. Ignatius (Naoise) Cleary.
- Burren National Park information Point
A visual & interactive interpretation of the National Park.
- St Catherine’s Church & Museum
The Heritage Museum is housed in what was once St. Catherine’s Church, which was built in 1718 by a first cousin of Queen Anne. The Museum tells the story of the 19th Century Ireland, a fascinating window on the past.
- St Patricks Hall
St Patricks Hall Corofin is a community hall and was built in 1948.
- Corofin Primary School
Scoil Mhuire was built in 1959. It is located overlooking Atedaun Lake and the River Fergus in the townland of Kilvoydane.
- The Workhouse
Corofin was one of the poor law unions in Clare and a workhouse was built there in 1852.
- Kilvoydane Cemetery
One of the local graveyards and includes a 15th century monastic site.
- Lough Atedaun
This Lake known as (the lake of the breezes) is very important for wildfowl and pike fishing.
- Fair Lane
This was the original route to the Fair green where fair days were once held.
- The Grotto
The Grotto was officially opened and blessed on the 11th February 1958.
Corofin Playground is an excellent playground for children situated near the GAA pitch.
It was officially on the 5th of May 1991.
- Corofin GAA
This is a sports facility and a gym for the community.
- Teach Cheoil
The building is a 300 year old cottage. The Corofin Teach Cheoil is run by the local Branch of Comhaltas, and has been in operation since 1972. A summer Seisiún with traditional music, song and dance, a night of traditional entertainment. Visitors are encouraged to participate in the night’s entertainment, every Thursday in July and August, from 9.00 p.m. to 11.30 p.m.
- Slaughter House Lane
The old building at the end of the lane was used as a slaughter house by the butchers of Corofin.
- Michael’s Lane
This lane is known as the green and is an old cobbled lane that leads to the river Fergus.
- Market House
The Market house was built in 1719.
- Richmond House
Georgian building 1825-1886
- The Bridge
This is a three arched stone cut bridge built in 1790.
- The Old School House
Dated from 1886-1950, known as the bridge school.
- The Creamery
The creamery was built in 1957 as an assembly point for farmers to bring their milk. It is now a Kerry Co-op store.
- Catholic Church
St Bridget’s church was built in 1822.